Background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tilapia



How do you cook it?

One day my hubby came home, and said, "I like Tilapia! I had it tonight and it was so good!"

So my ears pricked up, because I'm constantly trying to figure out what to make for dinner. And I bought some Tilapia. And cooked it. And then I cooked it another way. And another way. And another way. And each time, he was polite, said it was good, but he clearly wasn't enamored with it like he had been when he'd eaten it elsewhere. Now, finally tonight, I had a mild success. He was happy with the way it was cooked, and enjoyed it, which I count especially as a victory, because he wasn't feeling well tonight. And things never taste as good when you're feeling sick. So here's how I cooked it tonight, but I want to know your recipes for Tilapia too, because I'm still looking for the recipe that will WOW him.

Place Tilapia fillets on hot skillet (heat on medium-high to high). Fillets may be either frozen or fresh. Let it sear for a couple minutes, then pour some orange juice over the fillets. This un-sticks them from the pan. Add some soy sauce, a small bit of mustard, and a tiny bit of pepper. Stir. (All ingredients are to taste. So just add them until you like the way it tastes.) Cover and continue to cook fillets in this sauce until they're cooked through. Flip them once or twice. They'll be done in a matter of minutes. You may add some corn starch mixed in water to thicken the sauce. Serve over rice. The sauce is great to pour over the rice too. SO easy. And ingredients that almost everyone already has. Awesome right?! So what's your favorite recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment