Background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Craft #1: Hairbows - SO EASY

So we've all seen these. (INSERT PICTURE). They're adorable. And my daughter hardly ever goes without one in her hair. I love playing dress up, and putting pretty flowers in her hair. Luckily, my mom and sister made a lot and gave them to me before E was born. But recently I've realized that she's missing a few colors, which makes it difficult to dress her in those colors, because if you don't have a hair-bow to match, what's the point, really? And while her hair is long enough at 4 months to do a pony on her head, bows are easier. So I made a few. Here's my first tutorial.

You will need: (INSERT PICTURES)
Fake Flowers of your choice
Hot Glue Gun
Rhinestones or buttons for your flower center










 Hairbow Clips










1: Buy a fake flower of your choice at Micheal's, Hobby Lobby, or your craft store of choice. I prefer the ones with lots of layers, and that are wider, instead of the tiny ones for hair-bows. They usually range from about 50 cents to 5 dollars for one. Depends on your flower.





2. Pull/cut off the stem, and pull apart the flower layers. Then stack your layers. Make sure they are askew, so all the petals aren't exactly lined up. I don't use all the layers, but it's up to you. It's your flower!

3. Put a dab of glue between each layer, and glue together.




4. Hot glue your rhinestone or button in the center.










5. On the back of your flower, put a dab of hot glue, and place your metal clip on the glue.







6. Congratulations! You're done! Wasn't that ridiculously easy?! And people sell these things for over $5 each! Clip onto a headband or directly into hair, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment