Background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mommy Lesson #1

One of the first things I learned after having E... you know, after I'd been home for a few days, and my Mom had gone back home, was that being a stay-at-home mom is a full time job. A simple To-Do list that previously would have taken me a few hours to complete, now takes me an entire week, and I still don't usually finish it. For example, yesterday my list consisted of going to Walmart and Costco, and doing laundry. What did I actually accomplish? Well, I went to Walmart. And the laundry? I got all the laundry through the wash.... though I forgot to add soap to one of the loads. I won't tell you that it was the load full of our underwear, and I had too many other things to do to run it back through when I realized, so yes, my husband and I will be spending this week in questionably cleaned underwear. Deal with it folks. And I didn't fold the laundry. Yeah, my husband folded it when he got home. Thank goodness for husbands. So today my list consists of putting the laundry away, unpacking all our gear from visiting my parents this weekend, and going to Costco. I'd like to vacuum too, but that seems a little too ambitious. Oh, and I should probably add getting dressed to the list... because sometimes that doesn't get done either. Ask me how much of that I've accomplished today (it's 2 pm). Go ahead, ask me. Nothing. That's right. Not one darn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment